Travel blog with so many recipes? Why not actually hahah. Cooking is great, when you don’t want to spend entire holidays and weekends behind the pc, tablet or phone. Maybe you have already tried few of the lemon recipes I shared earlier. These two carrot ones are equally good as those, believe me.
Carrot Cake Cookies with Cheese Cream Frosting
- 1 cup of utter (Sweet Cream Salted)
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 cups of grated and chopped raw carrots
- Cream Cheese Frosting (from grocery store)
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- Grate and chop 2 cups of carrots.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Mix in cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Add the flour and mix until combined. Mix in the chopped carrots.
- Roll the dough into a ball and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies on 200°C for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Golden brown and delicious and chock full of sweet delicious carrots.
- Make up a batch of the super delicious Cream Cheese Frosting you got from the grocery store earlier.
- Frost the Carrot Cake Cookies with the the frosting with a spreader or a knife.
- Chop up some pecans. You’ll need about a cup of chopped nuts.
- Dip the edge of the cookie into the pile of chopped pecans to create a circle of nuts around the edge of the cookie. The pecans should stick on the just applied Cream Cheese Frosting.
- That ‘s all there is to it! You now have a yummy frosted cookie that tastes just like a piece of Carrot Cake.
Carrot Cake Truffles
- 1 prepared carrot cake (13×9″ pan, no frosting)
- 1 cup of cream cheese frosting
- 340g of pure white candy melts
- 100g (1 bar) of white chocolate baking bar, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp of vegetable shorting (Crisco)
- 1 cup of orange candy melts
- carrot sugar candies, optional
- In a large bowl, crumble the carrot cake with your hands. Using a spatula, stir in about 3/4 cup of the cream cheese frosting. Add more as needed. The mixture should stay together when rolled into a ball, but not be overly sticky.
- Roll the cake mixture into 2,5cm large balls. Set the cake balls on a plate and refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add the white candy melts, white chocolate, and vegetable shortening. Microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring after each until melted.
- Dip the cooled cake balls into the melted white chocolate mixture and coat completely. Set on wax paper and allow chocolate to set completely.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the orange candy melts by microwaving them at 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until melted.
- Add the melted orange candy melts to a piping bag or plastic baggie. (Use caution if using a plastic bag. If your melted candy is too warm, it can cause the bag to break.) Cut a small tip off one corner of the bag and drizzle the melted candy onto the coated cake balls. Top with a carrot sugar candy, if desired.
- Once the candy coating is completely set, pack and store the truffles in an air-tight container.
Which one do you like the most? Let me know if you want to see more recipes on my blog 🙂