I love London. It´s an amazing city with a lot of amazing places and spots inside. I have already dedicated few articles to that, but here is MY personal list with stuff I need to do in London with every visitation. You can do all of this in one day, even with few hours for shopping and just walking around with a goal. I tell you, you will enjoy this day a lot.
1. Take a ride on London Eye
It´s not anything special but surely do try it at least once in the lifetime. The nicest view is in night, to the lightful London.
2. Use London underground
That feeling when walking towards that many people and going around such a big city…
3. Watch a theatre in National Theatre
It costs kinda a lot but it´s really worth it.
4. Shakespeare´s Globe Theatre
Why not? It´s always a good idea.
5. Visit Borough Market
Borough Market is the biggest market in London with many sellers from a lot of countries all around the world.
6. Go on the top of Tower Bridge
Enjoy the view, dames en heren.
7. Take a photo under the Big Ben
This is really a must-have in London.
8. Wait in a long queue for Westminster Abbey
9. Get a hot cocoa in the shop under the Westminster Abbey. It will warm you from bad weather and strong English winds.
10. Walk past house of English Prime Minister
Guards won´t let you even have a look inside.
11. Borrow a bike and ride it around St. James Park to the Buckingham Palace and further around the Hyde Park
Bikes can be borrowed everywhere, such as in Amsterdam or Brussels.
12. Watch Horse Guards Parade
13. Take a photo with guards
They won´t even notice you.
14. Visit horse stables in Horse Guards Parade
15. Feed ducks and look for squirrels in St. James Park
And mostly, enjoy the view to Big Ben, London Eye with colorful flowers in the background.
16. Camp in St. James Park
The best experience of my life. It´s such a lovely park, you will surely like it.
17. Climb up to the overview on Nelson´s column
Enjoy the panorame of Trafalgar square and National Gallery.
18. Look for the most famous paintings in National Gallery
One of the best is right in the beginning near the cashes- Van Gogh´s Tournesols.
19. Visit National Portrait Gallery
Even if you have to pay for the entry, it´s still wonderful.
20. Have a coffee in The National Café
Cakes offered are delicious!
21. Eat in ,,All you can eat” restaurant
Few are very near to Trafalgar Square and they aren´t even expensive.
22. Souvenir shops on Leicester square
You will buy a lot for less – I bought 12 magnets for 7 pounds. Or T-shirts. Or post cards. Everything.
23. Look for celebrities on Leicester square
I met Kristen Stewart and Chris Hemsworth.
24. Visit M&M’s World on Leicester square
Huge, colorful, M&M full shop where you will spend a lot of money if you love sweets.
25. Eat in three storey high KFC on Leicester square
Here you can see I prefer food more than sightseeing.
26. Giant ads on Picadilly Circus
27. Listen to street artists
Sometimes they make better music than biggest world stars.
28. Visit Chinatown
Experience Chinese atmosphere in Chinatown with geishas and dragons on every corner.
29. Take a photo with Geisha and giant panda in Chinatown
30. Dinner in Chinese restaurant
Let geishas serve your meal.
31. Chinatown London Market
Here it really looks like in another world, like you were in Asia not in the middle of London.
32. Shop in expensive shops in Covent Garden
Or as in my case, just enjoy the offer.
33. Listen to Covent Garden´s music
Standing on the balcoon and listening to talented young musicians is really one of the best activities in London.
34. Disney Shop in Covent Garden
Reminds you of Disneyland
35. Shop in Covent Garden Tesco
You will never find an employee there. All cashes are self-served.
36. Private perfume profiling appointment in Covent Garden
The fragrance advisor in Penhaligon’s will help you with picking the perfect fragrance for you.
37. Oxford Street
Not only souvenir shops but also giant five storey high Primark and many other amazing shops where you will certainly spend remains of your savings.
38. Visit Body Shop on Oxford Street
39. Night cruise on River Thames
You can end your day very nicely.
40. And of course, DON´T FORGET TO TAKE A PHOTO WITH TELEPHONE BOOTH!